The Special Events Intern is part of the Stadium Operations department for Minnesota United Football Club (MNUFC), a sports business located in the Twins Cities area of Minnesota and a member of Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier soccer league in North America.
The Special Events Intern is a part-time role that will primarily assist the Special Events team with the execution of select, non-game day events. This role will contribute to increasing overall efficiency and business growth for revenue-generating events at Allianz Field. This position is based at Allianz Field in St. Paul, MN and reports directly to Special Events Specialist.
Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Assist Director, Special Events and Special Events Specialist with set-up and teardown of Special Events.
- Responsible for taking event photos capturing the space, layout, and the overall environment of the event.
- Accompany Special Events Specialist on leading full-stadium and in-event tours, which includes being knowledgeable about the stadium, team and club history.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks.
- Per scheduled availability – attend meetings, calls and walk-throughs.
- Stay up-to-date on industry products and trends, identifying opportunities for MNUFC and Allianz Field experience.
- Responsible for focusing on attention to detail, taking initiative, and creating a positive working environment.
- At least one year prior experience in an event-type role.
- Outstanding communication skills, including in-person and email.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow timelines.
- Able to work flexible schedule.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Access to reliable transportation
MNUFC is a professional soccer club playing in Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier of soccer in North America, and which operates under the oversight of the U.S. Soccer Federation, a member of FIFA. The Club is headquartered in Golden Valley, MN. Soccer operations are located at the MNUFC Training Center in Blaine, MN, and the team plays its home matches at Allianz Field in St. Paul, MN.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.