Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Public Relations Manager with Minnesota United FC in Golden Valley, MN
- Develop and support strategies, campaigns and initiatives in collaboration with the Senior Director of Public Relations and Marketing & Communications Department to maintain and improve club image
- Create, write and edit a variety of club materials, including press releases, media advisories and kits, match notes, media guides and more
- Serve as a media liaison for the club at training sessions, home games and select away games, fielding requests, facilitating interviews and proactively pitching stories
- Coordinate club’s credential request, approval and distribution process for home games at Allianz Field and other events and manage press-box operations on matchdays
- Manage club’s overall reputation within the community and general public
- Build relationships with local, national and international media influencers
- Manage media distribution lists in MailChimp and other platforms
- Use media monitoring to create comprehensive weekly reports and track the impact of PR initiatives on business and sales growth
- Ideal candidate is bilingual and can support Spanish-language club initiatives, including but not limited to social media accounts and MNUFC.COM/español, in addition to serving as a translator for players, media and written collateral
- Assist with management of department’s interns and associates
- 2-3 years of experience in PR with a sports organization
- Bilingual – written and oral Spanish-language skills strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or related field preferred
- Strong PR background with a proven ability to drive earned brand awareness
- Confident communicator and presenter with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Highly organized planner with exceptional time-management skills
- Proactive, reliable and responsible with great attention to detail
- Tactical understanding of all media platforms
- Possesses ability to keep information confidential.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings, in high-stress environments
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Communications, PR, or related field?
Do you have 2-3 years of experience in Public Relations with a professional sports team?
Are you bilingual? (written and oral Spanish-language skills strongly preferred)
Are you able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and potential holidays?