The Production Designer is part of the Marketing and Communications Department for Minnesota United Football Club (MNUFC), a sports business located in the Twins Cities area of Minnesota and a member of Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier soccer league in North America.
The Production Designer is both creative and technical, combining a keen eye for detail along with a healthy mix of creative and technical skills. The production designer will work collaboratively to modify and prepare materials in line with established brand standards, direction and existing examples. The production designer will assist the graphic designers primarily in producing print, in-stadium, advertising and digital graphics. This part-time position reports directly to the Senior Designer, and will work closely within the Marketing and Communications department.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Become an expert in Minnesota United’s brand standards and guidelines
- Collaborate with designers and other creatives in the department
- Implement strong design execution in a various formats; print, signage, digital, retail, while following MNUFC brand standards
- Adapt and extend designs from one context to another
- Align design decisions with strategy and objectives of MNUFC
- Prepare final files for print and digital production
- Work efficiently through high volumes, meeting tight deadlines
- Create layout comps, rough and presentation materials as requested
- Unparalleled attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Flexible and can adjust to change in a fast-paced environment, ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects on a daily basis to meet deadlines
- Ability to take creative direction and feedback from others
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Be self-motivated with a positive attitude, able to work without constant direction
- Strive to add value in any task you’re assigned
Education & Experience:
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- 3+ years of successful experience in design or production in both print and digital
- Knowledge of high-end retouching, pre-press and proofing
- Working knowledge of printing methods and tactics, paper and other printable substrates
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.