Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Player and Team Liaison with Minnesota United FC in Blaine, MN
We’ll accomplish this through a culture built on accountability, respect, excellence and honesty and by creating a fan experience and connection to the community second to none. In addition to a fast-paced environment with hard-working, collegial, engaged coworkers, we offer generous benefits, a forward-thinking culture and the opportunity for career growth. When it comes to our employees, we value passion, dedication, diversity, resilience and teamwork.
The Team and Player Travel Liaison will directly handle requirements, needs and issues related to the players during travel and training. The individual will be part of the player development group and will be managed by the Director of Player Development while working closely with the Director of Player and Team Operations and the Sr. Director of Soccer Operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel with the team to ensure that all plans involving the players and coaches are successfully realized. This includes, but is not limited to, arrival at the airport, luggage management, in-flight travel, coordination of destination transportation and interfacing with the involved hotels
- Interface with the opposing teams while on the road to ensure all necessary travel, facility use and other responsibilities are met, ensuring the team has a positive match day experience
- Maintain appropriate records involving travel and related activities
- Execute per diem process and related financial matters for the team while traveling
- Help facilitate positive introductions for players and their families to the community when relocating or visiting
- Create the most positive experience possible when players are relocating, including but not limited to, help with travel, moving and storage, housing, utilities and personal services, banking, health care, personal transportation and education
- Coordinate Menus/Supplies/Locker Room/Timeline Management/Space Reservation
- Assist with all immigration-related issues and needs
- Help with player game day needs at home - including transportation, family needs, tickets and credentials
- Assist as needed with player meals, supplies, locker room and time management issues
Background Experience and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent education and experience
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to travel 30-40% of the time
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) language skills required
- Prior experience in hospitality industry is an asset
- Experience in sporting operations is an asset
- Ability to routinely work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Capability of multitasking in a fast-paced environment
Important Personal Attributes
- Excellent communication skills, a focus on details, well-organized, a problem-solver, self-motivated and flexible
- Works well with others
- Personal commitment to excellence
- High degree of personal integrity
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent education and experience?
Are you able to travel domestically and internationally, up to 30-40% of the time?
Are you comfortable working flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and potential holidays?
Are you bilingual in English and Spanish?