Operations Manager - Minnesota United FC (Saint Paul · MN)
Minnesota United FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Saint Paul · MN
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
The Operations Manager is part of the Stadium Operations Department for Minnesota United Football Club (MNUFC), a sports business located in the Twins Cities area of Minnesota and a member of Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier soccer league in North America.
The Operations Manager is responsible for all building operations including event changeovers, preventative maintenance and repairs, housekeeping, and security. This position is also responsible for the direction of work assignments and communication between management and department personnel. As the manager for 25+ part-time employees, candidates must possess strong leadership skills. This is a full-time position located at Allianz Field in St. Paul, MN.
- Ensure that the facility event set-ups are completed accurately, safely and on schedule
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations ensure all building practices and procedures are followed in an efficient and effective manner
- Support and manage the oversite of custodial services, including daily cleaning, pre-event, event, and post-event cleaning
- Select, train, motivate, and evaluate part-time operations staff; provide and coordinate staff training
- Supervise and assign work to part-time operations staff in preparing facility for all events
- Work closely with Events Operations and Special Events to ensure all full-stadium and special events are successful
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Maintain a continuous drive and passion for creating exceptional experiences and providing customer service to all Allianz Field guests, employees, and teams
- Conduct regular building walk-through to ensure that all equipment is stowed safely and in the correct storage place
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Operations
- Ability to stand for extended amounts of time
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs
- Ability to work extended hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as deemed necessary
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions
- 2 - 3 years in sport facility operations
- Experience in custodial and building maintenance required, preferably in stadium facility operation
- Familiar with OSHA standards
- Ability to work with many different groups of people and balance the needs of all through effective communication, time management, and internal motivation
MNUFC is a professional soccer club playing in Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier of soccer in North America, and which operates under the oversight of the U.S. Soccer Federation, a member of FIFA. The Club is headquartered in Golden Valley, MN. Soccer operations are located at the MNUFC Training Center in Blaine, Minnesota, and the team plays its home matches at Allianz Field in St. Paul, MN.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Do you have at least 2 - 3 years of experience working in facility operations?
Are you able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, potential holidays?