Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Guest Experience Manager, Allianz Field with Minnesota United FC in St. Paul, MN
Minnesota United FC jobs
Sports Jobs in St. Paul, MN
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
Professional soccer has been a part of Minnesota for over four decades and Minnesota United is at the forefront of growing the game at all levels. From the first team to the front office to the Development Academy to our work throughout the Twin Cities, the club’s goal remains the same: to inspire and unite our community through the world’s game. We’ll accomplish this through a culture built on accountability, respect, excellence and honesty and by creating a fan experience and connection to the community second to none. In addition to a fast-paced environment with hard-working, collegial, engaged coworkers, we offer generous benefits, a forward-thinking culture, and the opportunity for career growth. When it comes to our employees, we value passion, dedication, diversity, resilience and teamwork.
Reporting to the Director of Events and Guest Experience, the Guest Experience Manager is a full-time roll that will lead many aspects of the event and related functions that are key to creating a world-class guest experience at Allianz Field. The GEM will assist in the implementation and delivery of a comprehensive Guest Experience program for Match Day Staff, while also supporting existing organizational values and critical success factors. The GEM will drive positive change through influence, while also representing the voice of the guest within the organization, always striving to continuously improve the guest experience.
- Create a seamless guest experience and take a lead in the integration of new customer service standards, while maintaining or improving the culture of the department.
- Work with management team to continue the development of secret shop criteria, frequency, planning, and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with Events Department to ensure proper staffing for internal and external needs.
- Leadership and influencing skills that lend to leading teams, building positive relationships and collaborating with internal and external partners.
- Manage and aid in the development of employee performance including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Manage employee appreciation/communication; ex: staff contests, break area decorating, newsletter, team-building events.
- Implement staff recognitions and rewards.
- Ensure event and venue information is consistently and accurately communicated across all platforms.
- Maintain all aspects of department uniform; including ordering, distribution, maintenance and laundering.
- Stay up-to-date on industry products and trends, identifying opportunities for inclusion into the MNUFC and Allianz Field experience.
- Work with the Director of Culture and Talent Management and outside vendors to continually develop training programs; reporting on program metrics, success stories, and planning.
- Partner with Business Intelligence team on execution of post-event surveys, leveraging data to run post-event meetings and identify improvement areas across the guest experience.
- Complete Guest Experience payroll.
- Schedule and complete Guest Experience staff placement sheet for assigned events.
- Prepare and print event day materials for staff ensuring information is ready at scheduled report time.
- Lead event day Guest Experience staff meetings, clearly communicating event details.
- Review building setup for events including magnetometer placement, door signs for entry points, ADA seating, and more.
- Evaluate, identify, and implement improvements to operational processes such as gate entry, food & beverage queuing, fan flow, and more.
- Work with various stakeholders in addressing key pain points in the guest’s journey.
- Assist the Director of Events & Guest Experience in providing direction to contracted Security and Medical Services personnel.
- Address, document, and resolve part-time employee issues while on duty.
Required Experience, Qualifications, and Education
- A Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management, Hospitality, Business or related field or a combination of related education and work experience.
- 3-5 years of progressive customer service experience.
- A strong foundation of analytical skills, with the ability to use data to identify problems and solutions in the guest experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others to drive change.
- Experience developing and presenting training materials across multiple leadership levels and departments.
- Payroll experience preferred.
- Available to work evenings, weekends and normal business days.
- Ability to stand/walk for 8+ hours at a time
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- May be exposed to inclement weather-coat will be provided
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have 3-5 years of progressive customer service?
Are you able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and potential holidays?