Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Director of Events, Allianz Field
Professional soccer has been a part of Minnesota for over four decades and Minnesota United is at the forefront of growing the game at all levels. From the first team to the front office to the Development Academy to our work throughout the Twin Cities, the club’s goal remains the same: to inspire and unite our community through the world’s game. We’ll accomplish this through a culture built on accountability, respect, excellence and honesty and by creating a fan experience and connection to the community second to none. In addition to a fast-paced environment with hard-working, collegial, engaged coworkers, we offer generous benefits, a forward-thinking culture, and the opportunity for career growth. When it comes to our employees, we value passion, dedication, diversity, resilience and teamwork.
The Director of Events will report directly to the General Manager of Allianz Field and be responsible for all elements revolving around fan experience, including but not limited to: stadium safety and security; guest experience planning and initiatives; the food and beverage experience; and scheduling and executing any and all additional events held at Allianz Field on non-match days.
Work closely with the General Manager of Allianz Field to:
- Create and manage guest service planning and program initiatives
- Create a sales structure and organize the operational planning of stadium space on non-match days
- Develop various match day policies and procedures
- Create and update Life Safety and Emergency Management Plans.
- Direct both the hiring and training of all Match Day and Premium Event staff
- Develop strategies for recruitment and retention of Match Day and Premium Event staff
- Oversee relationship with security contractor, including scheduling and training security employees with an added emphasis on communicating and enforcing guest service expectations
- Oversee relationship with concessionaire, including scheduling and training concessionaire employees with an added emphasis on communicating and enforcing guest service expectations
- Develop, produce and maintain various staff training documents, including event staff manuals, match day manuals and other event information documents
- Oversee emergency medical service relationship
- Plan and manage department budget, including internal part-time staff as well as external contractors
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs
- Ability to work extended hours, including evenings, weekends and holiday as necessary
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in all types of adverse weather conditions
- 3-5 years of experience in a stadium or arena setting
- Supervisory experience required
- Exceptional leadership skills and the ability to motivate staff in a team-oriented atmosphere
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Superior attention to detail
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have 3-5 years of experience in a stadium or arena setting
Do you have previous experience in a supervisory / management role?
Are you able to work extended hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays?