Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Minnesota United FC
Golden Valley, MN
Professional soccer has been a part of Minnesota for over four decades and Minnesota United is at the forefront of growing the game at all levels. From the first team to the front office to the Development Academy to our work throughout the Twin Cities, the club’s goal remains the same: to inspire and unite our community through the world’s game. We’ll accomplish this through a culture built on accountability, respect, excellence and honesty and by creating a fan experience and connection to the community second to none. In addition to a fast-paced environment with hard-working, collegial, engaged coworkers, we offer generous benefits, a forward-thinking culture, and the opportunity for career growth. When it comes to our employees, we value passion, dedication, diversity, resilience and teamwork.
The Cultural Liaison is a part-time position, where the primary focus is prospecting new clients for the purpose of creating ticket sales and marketing opportunities, as well as promoting brand awareness and building positive relationships between Minnesota United and diverse communities. This position will be responsible for assisting the Ticket Sales and Communications/Marketing department. You will receive dedicated training and you will learn techniques to maximize your verbal and written business communication skills. This position is located in Golden Valley, MN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Prospecting new clients to drive ticket sales, marketing opportunities, and brand awareness
· Assist with community engagement efforts and building/maintaining community relationships
· Participate in fan interaction at games, including tailgate parties, as well as pre-game, halftime, and post-game promotions
· Assist with sales tasks, events, and marketing activities as assigned
· Other duties assigned by Senior Director of Ticket Sales and Group Sales Manager
· Knowledge of and experience working with diverse communities
· Fluently bilingual in Somali or Oromo
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work with a variety of cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds
· Reliable transportation
· Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
· Focused on attention to detail, taking initiative, and creating a positive working environment
· Ability to work flexible hours including, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you fluently bilingual in English and Somali or Oromo?
Are you able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and potential holidays?