Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Business Intelligence Analyst with Minnesota United FC in Minneapolis, MN
Minnesota United FC is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst, with experience in using business data and statistical methods to provide insight into business performance and recommendations towards driving the ticket sales business and improving operations. This individual will be responsible for analyzing data, presenting financial and statistical models and overseeing analytical approaches with an emphasis in the ticket sales department. This role is at the center of supporting business operations and as a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be providing the analytical research and strategy for each ticket sales cycle. The role will reside within the Revenue Department and will report to the Director, Business Intelligence.
- Interpret ticket sales data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports to interpret ticket sales trends
- Data-driven analyses and recommendations to develop a deep understanding of the ticket markets and inform crucial decision-making
- Ability to build data processes that generate insights to inform near-real-time decision-making
- Manage dynamic pricing initiative and provide regular recommendations for pricing adjustments
- Utilize ticketing system (SeatGeek) and additional data sources for the purpose of reporting and enacting sales and service ticket strategies
- Provide ticket pricing analytics and pricing recommendations for single-game tickets, group tickets, and playoff tickets
- Manage inventory to ensure revenue and sell through are optimized; provide tickets for future games to internal constituents in a timely fashion and as needed
- Create and manage ad hoc analysis and scalable reporting/dashboards that monitor key performance indicators (KPIs), highlight areas of improvement, and influence strategy to serve business objectives via hands-on data exploration and statistical analysis;
- Use historical and current data sets, build short-term and long-term business plans for ticketing budgets, pricing inventory, and sales goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree with a degree or diploma in mathematics, data science, computer science, statistics, economics or related field
- 1-3 years of experience
- Skilled in various analytical, visualization and modeling programs (e.g., Machine Learning, Python/R, SQL, R, Predictive Analytics, Data Visualization, Statistics)
- Strong communication skills and ability to translate findings to visual depiction for various audiences
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel skills
- Previous experience working in sports preferred
- Flexible and reliable team player, always acting in the best interest of their department and the Company
- Keen attention to detail, strong conflict resolution, problem-solving, time management, organization, and decision-making skills are highly desired
- Prior experience with inventory management or pricing optimization is a plus
- Team player with a positive attitude, professionalism, resourcefulness, integrity, motivation, and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have the ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and the holidays?
Do you have 1-3 years of experience in a similar role?
Do you have prior experience with various analytical, visualization and modeling programs?