The Athletic Trainer: MNUFC2 is part of the Sporting Operations Department for Minnesota United FC (MNUFC), a sports business located in the Twins Cities area of Minnesota and a member of Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier soccer league in North America.
The Athletic Trainer: MNUFC2 will manage the day-to-day sports medicine operations for the MNUFC Reserve Team (MNUFC2). In this capacity, the Athletic Trainer: MNUFC2 will provide injury prevention strategies, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation for Players' medical problems.
The performance of duties will be under the direction and supervision of the MLS Chief Medical Officer and the designated Club Chief Medical Officer (CMO). This full-time position is based in Blaine, MN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Working in collaboration with the Medical Staff and under the supervision of the Senior Director of Player Health and Performance/Head Athletic Trainer:
- Perform as Certified Athletic Trainer in managing the health care of players in a safe, OSHA-compliant manner
- Provide care including, but not limited to: first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, developing rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals
- Maintain a complete and up-to-date roster of Player health and participation records in the appropriate electronic medical record (EMR) system
- Comply with OSHA standards regarding blood borne pathogens
- Assist with ordering inventory supplies and clinical equipment
- Organize physical examinations as required by MLS Next Pro regulations
- Initiate insurance/worker's compensation claims for MNUFC2 Players
- Comply with all MLS Next Pro medical policies, protocol and Game Operations Manual
- Consults on medical intervention or rehabilitation for challenging or unique cases
- Attend all activities/meetings/programs as required by the League
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Minimum four (4) year college/university Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree in related health care field or license or registered physical therapist preferred
- Minimum two (2) years certified athletic trainer experience in a sports environment, preferably with soccer team sports
- Experience with elite level athletes
- Experience working in a high tempo environment
Licenses or Certifications:
- NATABOC (or CATA) Certified Athletic Trainer/Therapist
- In good standing with NATABOC
- State or Province License in the state/province in which the Club calls home, if required by the state/province
- CPR certification for Health Care Provider
- Maintain professional liability insurance
- Preferred certification: CSCS, PES, LMT, and/or NREMT
MNUFC is a professional soccer club playing in Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier of soccer in North America, and which operates under the oversight of the U.S. Soccer Federation, a member of FIFA. The Club is headquartered in Golden Valley, MN. Soccer operations are located at the MNUFC Training Center in Blaine, Minnesota, and the team plays its home matches at Allianz Field in St. Paul, MN.
MNUFC is a progressive employer that values group and personal excellence, individual commitment, shared responsibility, diversity and respect for all people. Its mission includes community engagement and betterment through the expression of the values of soccer, the premier sport of the world. The Club promotes an open work environment with collegial and supporting work dynamics that foster positive individual and group performance, and the opportunity for career advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.