Athletic Trainer with Minnesota United FC in Blaine · MN
- NATABOC (or CATA) Certified Athletic Trainer/Therapist
- In good standing with NATABOC
- State or Province License in the state/province in which the Club calls home, if required by the state/province
- CPR certification for Health Care Provider
- Maintain professional liability insurance
- Prefer certification: CSCS, PES, LMT, and/or NREMT
- Minimum four (4) year college/university Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree in related health care field or license or registered physical therapist
- Minimum five (5) years certified athletic trainer experience in a sports environment, preferably with soccer team sports
- Experience with elite level athletes
- Experience working in a high tempo, high stress environment
- Medical soccer experience preferred
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Working in collaboration with the Medical Staff and under the supervision of the CMO:
- Perform as Certified Athletic Trainer in managing the health care of players in a safe, OSHA-compliant manner
- Health care included, but is not limited to: first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, developing rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals
- Maintain a complete and up to date roster of player health and participation records and reports in the League-provided electronic medical record system, including but not limited to: first report of injury, player treatments, and return to play dates for various purposes (e.g. workers compensation claims, research)
- Comply with OSHA standards regarding blood borne pathogens
- Under the direction of the Club physicians, assist with the organization and maintenance of pharmaceutical inventory and records
- Organize physical examinations as required by League regulations
- Initiate insurance/worker's compensation claims for Players
- Supervise Assistant Athletic Trainer/Therapist(s), Medical Interns, and volunteers as applicable and/as outlined in MLS Medical Manual
- Comply with all MLS medical policies, protocol and Game Operations Manual
- Oversee athletic training and rehabilitation services for the MNUFC Youth Development Program
- Consults on medical intervention or rehabilitation for challenging or unique cases
- Assist with planning, including budgeting, facilities and personnel, as the club expands
- Comply with all League medical policies and protocols
- Perform other duties as assigned or required by the League
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Do you have the licenses/certifications required for this position?
Are you comfortable working flexible hours in a high tempo, high stress environment?
Do you have previous certified athletic trainer experience in a sports environment, preferably with soccer team sports?