Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Assistant Strength & Conditioning Specialist with Minnesota United FC in Blaine · MN
- Education and demonstration of pre-training activation exercises
- Education and demonstration of post-training and recovery interventions
- Design and facilitation of strength and conditioning sessions
- Maintenance of a safe fitness room and other facilities
- Implementation of on-field evidence guided return-to-play protocols
- Various methods of athlete monitoring and data collection
- Leading training sessions on day of game (none squad members) and for non-traveling players
- Other duties as assigned by Head of Fitness and Sports Science
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Sport Science, Kinesiology or related field
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) preferred
- 3 or more years of experience coaching elite athletes at the international national, professional, or collegiate level
- Excellent communication, presentation and coaching skills
- Experience working with tools and techniques common in the field of strength and conditioning
- Demonstrated ability in developing strategic plans and goal setting
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, fluent in Spanish preferred
- Proven track record of expertise in the field of strength and conditioning, soccer preferred
- Office environment, multi-building complex
- Travel domestically and internationally, as applicable
- Non-traditional work hours including weekends and holidays
- Must possess a valid passport or be able to acquire a passport
- Regular attendance at work is an essential job function
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Sport Science, Kinesiology, or related field?
Do you have 3 or more years of experience coaching elite athletes at the national, international, professional, or collegiate level?
Are you a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) preferred?