The Accounts Payable Coordinator is part of the Finance department for Minnesota United Football Club (MNUFC), a sports business located in the Twins Cities area of Minnesota and a member of Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier soccer league in North America.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is a full-time position and will report directly to the Senior Director of Finance. This role will be responsible for managing the company’s accounts payables process including reviewing, processing and completing entries for accounts payable and expense report requests. You will be given a unique opportunity to see the wide-ranging impact the Finance department has in supporting the Club. This role is based in Golden Valley, MN with the option to work remote Mondays and Fridays.
- Post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records
- Ensure the accuracy of an organization’s financial documents for payment, auditing and tax purposes
- Input daily bookkeeping and recordkeeping
- Assist the department with month-end related activities
- Prepare weekly check runs
- Work closely with departments providing details and status on invoices and payment questions
- Performs maintenance (ordering, limit changes, etc.) on company credit cards
- Support the department in preparation for the yearly audit
- Assist with clerical/data entry projects
- Ability to identify potential issues or errors and make decisions
- Other duties as reasonably assigned
- Accounts Payable experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of basic accounting and/or finance principles
- Concur Solutions experience preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Office software skills
- Quickbooks accounting software preferred
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate with all levels of Associates
- Team player with a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, resourcefulness, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Access to reliable transportation
MNUFC is a professional soccer club playing in Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier of soccer in North America, and which operates under the oversight of the U.S. Soccer Federation, a member of FIFA. The Club is headquartered in Golden Valley, MN. Soccer operations are located at the MNUFC Training Center in Blaine, MN, and the team plays its home matches at Allianz Field in St. Paul, MN.
MNUFC is a progressive employer that values group and personal excellence, individual commitment, shared responsibility, diversity and respect for all people. Its mission includes community engagement and betterment through the expression of the values of soccer, the world's game. The Club promotes an open work environment and supporting work dynamics that foster positive individual and group performance, strong benefits, and the opportunity for career advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.