Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Accounting Intern with Minnesota United FC in Golden Valley, MN
Minnesota United FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Golden Valley, MN
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Professional soccer has been a part of Minnesota for over four decades and Minnesota United is at the forefront of growing the game at all levels. From the first team to the front office to the Development Academy to our work throughout the Twin Cities, the club’s goal remains the same: to inspire and unite our community through the world’s game. We’ll accomplish this through a culture built on accountability, respect, excellence and honesty and by creating a fan experience and connection to the community second to none.
The Accounting Intern role is a paid, part-time internship position. This role is provided to give a student an in-depth look at how the Accounting department operates within a professional sports organization. You will be given a unique opportunity to see the wide-ranging impact the Accounting department has in supporting the organization. The primary focus of this role is assisting the Senior Director of Finance, Senior Accountant, and Staff Accountant with the day-to-day operations in the department.
- Gain understanding of how to update monthly budget templates
- Produce match summary reports after each match day
- Assist the department with month-end related activities
- Gain insight in the transition to a new payroll and banking system
- Support the department in preparation for the yearly audit
- Assist with clerical/data entry projects
- Other duties as assigned by the COO, Senior Director of Finance, Senior Accountant, or Staff Accountant
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related field
- Basic Accounting knowledge
- Team player with a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, resourcefulness, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Access to reliable transportation
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you currently pursuing a degree in related field or a recent graduate?
Do you have any accounting related experience?