Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Accountant with Minnesota United FC in Golden Valley, MN
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for day-to-day cash management and oversight of credit card processing function
- Prepare and review account reconciliations
- Assist in month-end close including various general ledger account reconciliations
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; assisting with regulatory reporting as applicable
- Implement and monitor the month, quarter, and year-end closeout accounting schedules
- Aid in the development of monthly and quarterly accounting reports for the management and executive teams
- Implements and monitors compliance of accounting policies and procedures
- Communicate with other departments to answer questions and ensure controls are being followed
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Maintain documented system of accounting policies and operations
- Assist in preparing quarterly/annual financial reports
- Define, benchmark and implement operational best practices
- Present financial reporting and potential risk areas to Senior Director of Finance
- Maintain internal controls to support the financial infrastructure
- Assist the Senior Director of Finance and Chief Operating Officer with special projects as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or business related field; or equivalent education and experience
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills, detail oriented with exceptional business acumen
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and meet deadlines
- Must be a proven leader with a positive attitude
- Strong knowledge of internal controls, possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, as well as be detail-oriented
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and work flexible hours including weekends and holidays
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Accounts Payable
- Cash Flow
- Accounts Receivable
- Quarterly and Year End Tax Preparation
- Online Banking / Bank Reconciliation
- Sports or Entertainment Industry Experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or business related field; or equivalent education and experience?
Do you have previous Accounting experience (accounts payable/receivable, payroll, cash flow, etc.)?
Are you proficient in QuickBooks?
Are you able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and potential holidays?