Professional soccer has been a part of Minnesota for over four decades and Minnesota United is at the forefront of growing the game at all levels. From the first team to the front office to the Development Academy to our work throughout the Twin Cities, the club’s goal remains the same: to inspire and unite our community through the world’s game. We’ll accomplish this through a culture built on accountability, respect, excellence and honesty and by creating a fan experience and connection to the community second to none. In addition to a fast-paced environment with hard-working, collegial, engaged coworkers, we offer generous benefits, a forward-thinking culture, and the opportunity for career growth. When it comes to our employees, we value passion, dedication, diversity, resilience and teamwork.
The Goalkeeper Coach is a valuable member of our Academy Coaching staff and works closely with each Head Coach and the Academy Director to oversee and develop goalkeepers for each Development Academy team and Pre-Academy age group. In addition, this individual will also serve as an Academy Coach and Youth Program Assistant as we work to develop and serve all members clubs affiliated with Minnesota United FC Academy. This is a full-time position.
· Develops, plans and implements a comprehensive program of instruction for goalkeepers based on the various stages of development for athletes age 12-19.
· Works closely with each Head Coach and the Academy Director to deliver a program of on-field coaching and instruction to goalkeepers during training and competition.
· Work in cooperation with performance coaches to improve physical qualities and deficiencies of goalkeepers. Monitor programs designed to address physical deficiencies identified.
· Schedule player conferences two times each year to review performance and areas needing improvement. Conferences are player-parent conferences for all players under the age of 18.
· Serves as an Assistant Coach for a Development Academy team. The determination of the age group team is based on staffing needs and training schedule.
· Assist the Academy Director to promote and deliver the program of services offered by the MNUFC Club Membership Program.
· Complete all necessary player reports, training plans, attendance logs, match reports, staff reviews and requests for player information in a timely manner.
· Conduct yourself as a professional at all times, both on and off the field. Set examples of behavior for coaches and players that are professional and beyond reproach.
· Must hold a minimum of a USSF “B” License or on a pathway to obtain a “B” License.
· Past playing experience at professional or collegiate levels required.
· Minimum of 5 years of age-related coaching experience is preferred.
· Good verbal communication skills along with a problem-solving mentality.
· Understanding of the various stages of development and their impact on young players.
· Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university preferred but not required.
· Previous US Soccer Development Academy experience preferred but not required.
· Proficient using PC and Microsoft office products and systems.
· Ability and willingness to work an event driven schedule that includes weekends, evenings and some holidays. Extensive travel is required.
· The ability to work both independently and in a collaborative teamwork environment where strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical and planning skills are required.
· Must have own transportation and a valid driver’s license with no record of significant traffic violations.
· Must successfully pass an individual background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.