Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Supervisor, Turf + Grounds with Los Angeles Football Club / Banc of California Stadium in Los Angeles · CA
Los Angeles Football Club / Banc of California Stadium jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is the newest MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles with its 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Supervisor is responsible for supporting the Manager, Turf & Grounds in the development and execution of landscape programming at Banc of California Stadium (1 natural grass field) and LAFC Performance Center (1 natural grass field).
- Oversee the maintenance and care of the stadium and practice field’s ground, landscape, ornamental and xeriscape.
- Maintain accurate and complete data of fertility, weather, and maintenance procedures.
- Supervise department employees including training, and development for event and non-event days.
- Develop and execute policies and procedures regarding establishing of new vegetation, spraying, pruning and trimming of trees, and overall care of aesthetically pleasing planter beds.
- Assist in executing maintenance programs for irrigation, irrigation system, weeds control, turf repair, sod removal, renovation and install.
- Conduct operation and safety training for employees to ensure staff is following OSHA guideline and procedure.
- Inspect fleet of equipment during and after each use. Ensures proper maintenance and operation on all turf equipment, tractor, top-dresser, mowers, aerator, and any PTO driven equipment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Supervise construction, maintenance, and schedule of fields.
- Administer and enforce rules, regulations, and policies pertaining to fields for staff.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Degree from an accredited College/University in Horticulture, Turf Management, Plant Science, or related field.
- 2-5 years experience in a Supervisory role within Turf & Grounds environment required, in the Sports & Entertainment industry is a plus.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs unassisted.
- Proficient in usage of the following equipment: hand tools, power tools, riding mowers, sprayers, tractors, and other various turf related equipment.
- Knowledgeable in usage of tank mixing chemicals, pesticides, fungicides, and irrigation systems, etc.
- Detail-oriented, driven self-motivator with a strong work ethic to get the job done.
- Ability to read, listen, and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Word, Power Point, One Note, and Outlook).
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays required.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
How did you hear about this job?
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
What is your WOTC questionnaire code?