Staff Accountant - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Accounting and Finance: Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable/Purchasing
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining Company financial records within the accounting software system and ensuring all records are accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Analyze and reconcile bank statements and general ledgers.
- Prepare and upload journal entries.
- Maintain and record fixed asset records to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Participate in the month-end close process, including reporting and distribution of financials and review with financial stakeholders.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable ledger including invoicing, collections and working directly with customers and internal sales team.
- Support the annual budget process by managing related tools and templates and participating in business strategy meetings.
- Assist in preparation of MLS related reporting (post-game reporting, etc.).
- Assist in preparation of audit requests.
- Prepare tax related filings.
- Assist with ad-hoc requests.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College/ University in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field required.
- 1-2 years experience in Accounting or related position, within the sports/entertainment industry is a plus.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, practices, internal controls, and variance analysis.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a plus.
- Experience with CA tax filing is a plus.
- Detail-oriented, driven self-motivator with a strong work ethic to get the job done.
- Demonstrate strong decision making and problem-solving skills with the ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information as needed.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task successfully in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and changes.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in English - both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive working relationships – both internally and externally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs – Excel (pivots, lookups, etc), Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
If yes, what is your WOTC questionnaire code?