Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Sr. Revenue Accountant with Los Angeles Football Club in Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is the newest MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles with its 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Sr. Revenue Accountant is responsible for the revenue and receivables process while maintaining overall Company financial records within the accounting software system and ensuring all records are accurate and submitted timely fashion.
- Oversee process to ensure deferred revenue and accounts receivable records of the Company are accurate and maintained for reporting under applicable GAAP, Federal, State & Local rules for reporting.
- Record all deferred revenue related transactions (ticketing, sponsorships, signage, parking, merchandise, etc.) and ensure deferred revenue and accounts receivable are updated as part of the monthly close process.
- Process supplier invoices requests and maintain rollforward schedules of A/R sub-ledger detail to the general ledger.
- Assist with compiling relevant information in responsible areas to meet financial reporting objectives of the Company.
- Maintain internal control processes based on Company-wide guidance.
- Provide financial analysis on various activities/special projects.
- Other duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Degree from an accredited College/University in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Accounting role required, within sports/entertainment industry preferred.
- CPA preferred, not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics preferred, not required.
- Detail-oriented, driven self-motivator with a strong work ethic to get the job done.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communication effectively and efficiently – both written and verbal.
- Ability to work productively and multi-task in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
How did you hear about this job?
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
What is your WOTC questionnaire code?