The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Sr Director of Digital Content and Social Media position will oversee and direct soccer-related content and scheduling across all LAFC digital platforms. This position reports to the SVP of Communications and Content and requires a creative force to initiate and lead ideation and storytelling across the organization with the goal of expanding the LAFC brand while continuing to connect with audiences both locally and globally.
This position will lead the production of all soccer-related content with the LAFC photo, video, and social media team, and control all content posted to all the organization’s social media channels. This position will work closely with the broadcast content and services team to create and post soccer-related content for LAFC’s channel on Apple TV outlets and work closely with the SVP of Content and Creative and other key stakeholders to maximize content creation and production.
This individual must have substantial social media/writing and storytelling experience with a sports background. Video editing and shooting experience is preferred but not required.
The Sr Director of Digital Content and Social Media will be highly motivated with exceptional organizational skills and be comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Lead ideation, oversee and direct creation, production, placement and analysis of soccer related content and scheduling across all LAFC digital platforms, including but not limited to:
- Tik Tok
- Manage the LAFC content calendars for all social media platforms to include organizing content for:
- Banc of California Stadium
- LAFC Academy
- LAFC Foundation
- Apple TV
- Corporate Partnerships
- Soccer Operations
- Brand and Community
- Work closely with communications team to amplify team and Club messaging through content.
- Produce video pieces as required.
- Work closely with General Counsel to verify that all content follows platform guidelines, league rules, etc.
- Integrate MLS marketing and social media programs and initiatives into Club content.
- Work closely with the broadcast content and services team and SVP of Content and Creative to develop and implement a video sharing strategy and plan to maximize content that can be shared and utilized on broadcast and digital platforms.
- Lead and direct the soccer related content creation and storytelling ideation across all platforms and throughout the organization.
- Assign and schedule all soccer-related camera assignments.
- Enforce the use and oversee maintenance of the Club’s video archives.
- Work closely with the matchday presentation department to provide content for in-stadium usage.
- Support video filming and edits as needed.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field from an accredited college or university required.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in social media and content development required; experience working with professional sports team or league preferred.
- Knowledge and passion for global soccer is a plus.
- Proficient in Adore Premiere and After Effects.
- Clear understanding of the traditional and digital creator communities and consumer dynamics.
- Ability to lead in an environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Reliable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with peers in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong track record of solving complex problems, strategic thinking and delivering significant impact as a leader.
- Excellent organizational, production, and project management skills, and the ability to execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized and timely fashion.
- Proven ability to work in a constantly changing environment with creative feedback.
- Creative storytelling skills with thorough knowledge of content timing, motivation, and continuity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbal and written.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required. Required to work all home and away games.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.