Senior Director / VP, Partnership Marketing - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Sponsorship Services/Activation
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Senior Director/Vice President, Partnership Marketing is responsible for managing and leading key corporate partner relationships to enhance promotion and visibility, meet partner objectives and maintain and/or increase revenue for the Club thru upsells and renewals. The Senior Director/Vice President will be responsible for collaborating across internal departments to develop the strategy and oversee deliverables for current Club partners.
Primary responsibilities will include servicing 1-2 key founding partners while overseeing the creation, implementation, strategic management, and profitability of commercial partner promotional programs and initiatives across the department. This role will focus on improving the Club’s Partnership Marketing department by identifying efficiencies and best practices, with a focus on delivering innovative and best in class business opportunities for both new and existing partners.
- Develop and retain strategic relationships with LAFC partners to deliver positive return on investment and client satisfaction.
- Lead the retention and generation of incremental revenue with existing partners through upsells and renewals.
- Develop and manage the planning cycle and strategic planning for key partners through season kickoff planning and recaps.
- Manage founding partner relationships, service contractual deliverables and foster relationships to understand business goals and objectives
- Fiscal oversight of department activation budget.
- Lead a team that serves as primary contacts for LAFC partners, responsible for delivering overall contractual assets and driving business solutions based on partners’ objectives while offering coaching/mentoring in career development.
- Cultivate proactive relationships with all internal and external constituents to provide a perspective to the issues and opportunities that face each group.
- Collaborate with Corporate Partnership Sales team to manage key category development, platform ideation for new and existing partners, design high level vision decks, and interactive pitch meetings.
- Partner with Brand and Community marketing teams to leverage existing programming by creating and implementing innovative platforms and assets that will provide incremental revenue opportunities for the organization overall.
- Foster an environment of collaboration between the various teams working to deliver marketing solutions and partner programming at Banc of California Stadium.
- Collaborate with Club analytics department to review and establish metrics to measure partnership value.
- Provide resolutions for partner programs at a high level as needed.
- Oversight of sponsor LAFC commercial media (radio + broadcast) inventory.
- Lead special projects as requested – hospitality, partner summit, food and beverage strategy, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited College/University in a related field required, MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role required, within the sports and venue industry preferred.
- Strong background in strategic brand and partnership marketing required.
- Strategic leader with a demonstrated track record for conceptualizing and/or upselling innovative sponsorships.
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to multitask and make sound decisions in a fast paced and unstructured environment.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to resolve internal and external challenges in an effective and efficient manner.
- Proven experience in successfully managing and motivating a team.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills to internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products, KORE Software, Tableau and a myriad of third-party research.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required. Must be able to work all home games and select away games during the season in addition to frequent local partnership event appearances.
- Bilingual in Spanish is plus.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
If yes, what is your WOTC questionnaire code?