Performance Psychologist - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Administration/General Management: Self-Employed Consultant
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
We are seeking an experienced Performance Psychologist with excellent research and inter-personal skills. This role is responsible for studying players’ motivation, personality, and performance to improve their self-efficacy. The successful candidate will instill focus and mental strength necessary for players to optimize their performance levels.
- Provide players with psychological counseling related to their on-field performance.
- Advise and treat players with mental health conditions including, but not limited to, on and off field pressure and anxiety.
- Develop mental strategies that enable players to cope with high-pressure demands of the sport.
- Create individual development plans for each player based on mental, emotional, and physical characteristics to improve performance levels.
- Organize individual counseling sessions and workshops with players and coaches to optimize team dynamics.
- Collaborate with coaches to develop on-field sessions/drills.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Doctorate from an accredited College/University in Psychology or related field required.
- License to practice must be in current good standing in the state of CA.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience treating professional athletes or in an elite college sports environment required.
- Detail oriented with excellent performance and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask, operate effectively, and make sound decisions in a dynamic working environment with frequent changes and tight deadlines.
- Must always possess a professional demeanor with the ability to handle difficult situations in a calm manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive relationships and interact with internal and external clients across all levels (ie. coaches, team physicians, technical staff, etc).
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to correspond effectively and efficiently both written and verbal.
- Must be reliable, trustworthy, and able to maintain high confidentiality.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
What is your WOTC questionnaire code?