Performance Data Analyst - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Player Operations: Model Development
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Performance Data Analyst is responsible for tracking and monitoring data collection for LAFC players. This role will support the comprehensive collection, storage, and effective reporting of data to make critical decisions on a daily basis.
- Support daily collection of data across several technology platforms used within the Performance Department for both first and second team players.
- Data collected includes but is not limited to Catapult GPS, Forcedecks Jump Platform, Firstbeat heart rate monitoring, OURA sleep data, and Second Spectrum.
- Prepare the GPS hardware prior to training sessions with special attention to which first team players are training with second team on any particular day.
- Download and recap the GPS data post training session each day.
- Troubleshoot errors or missing data with vendors and providers as needed.
- Identify opportunities to improve and automate manual process.
- Store data in a centralized location and help build a comprehensive data infrastructure.
- Build dashboards to create visibility into the monitoring of daily training loads.
- Generate daily training reports and match reports for home and away games.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College/ University in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with a professional sports team or related position required.
- Must have strong technical (statistics/coding) background.
- Excellent analytical skills with proven data visualization skills.
- Experience with either R or Python.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work productively and multi-task in an unstructured fast paced environment with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to translate data information and communicate effectively and efficiently in English - both verbal and written.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as the event calendar requires.
- Must be able to travel with team as needed.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
If yes, what is your WOTC questionnaire code?