Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Payroll Specialist with Los Angeles Football Club in Los Angeles · CA
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Accounting and Finance: Payroll
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for all payroll related functions including but not limited to payroll processing of bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls, tax compliance, automated timekeeping systems, and reporting for the Company.
- Process Full-Time and Part-Time payroll accurately, on time, and consistent with the organizations payroll calendar and in accordance with applicable Federal, State, Local laws.
- Process business related travel reimbursement and expense in accordance with Company-wide policies.
- Partner with HR department to ensure an efficient workflow and timely updates to employee payroll, benefit related withholdings and etc.
- Manage approval process and procedures for accumulating timekeeping records (ABI System) to ensure reasonableness of reported hours and present register and journal entries to SVP, Controller for approval prior to payroll processing.
- Maintain master data in source systems: timekeeping and payroll.
- Process Company and employee tax filings: 941 filings, FUTA and SUTA, W-2 issuances, as applicable.
- Compile and document organization-wide analysis and positions with respect to rules and regulations over Fringe Benefit Reporting.
- Responsible for payroll-related reporting as required by Major League Soccer.
- Demonstrate a high-level of security surrounding access to sensitive payroll-related information and records.
- Communicate within the organization and coordinate timely responses to employee-specific payroll questions.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University in Business, or related field preferred, equivalent experience in managing payroll required.
- 3-5 years of experience in processing and managing payroll required, within a professional sports and entertainment organization is preferred.
- Must be able to maintain high-level confidentiality and sensitive payroll related information records.
- Ability to communicated effectively and efficiently, both verbal and written, throughout all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work productively and multi-task in a fast pace environment with frequent interruptions.
- Skilled in payroll tax rules, regulations, and fringe benefit taxation.
- Strong experience with various payroll processing systems
- Experience with ABI timekeeping system preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience with business related reimbursement preferred.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook).
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
How did you hear about this job?
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
What is your WOTC questionnaire code?