The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing and developing the 22,000 seat BMO Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Stage Manager will work as part of the Los Angeles Football Club Matchday Presentation department. This role will assist in the coordination and execution of all assigned elements relating to live game and event production, entertainment, and match presentation at BMO Stadium and occasional offsite events.
- Provide production and operational support to the match producer and matchday presentation department during all LAFC home games and scheduled events.
- Assist and participate in rehearsals, including sound checks (mics and communication devices), camera-blocking and staging, in-match promotions, halftime activities, ceremonies, special effects, performances, on-field experiences, etc.
- Prep, manage, clean, retrieve and return equipment and props and other materials that will be used during the course of the game/event. Promptly communicate any problems, issues, defects, or feedback to production management.
- Will act as a liaison between the game/event producer and production team to set up and cue live talent, guests, participants and honorees for live entertainment features and activities that occur throughout the game. Will also act as a liaison between matchday presentation and matchday operations staff to coordinate timing and relay information regarding on-field activations.
- Promptly and proactively communicate with match officials to relay substitutions, injuries, and/or extra time to TV, PA, and match day Producer.
- Problem-solve, troubleshoot and communicate effectively to convey all issues needing resolution. Promptly relay and communicate any/all information to the game Producer and/or Director should any problems/issues/changes to scripted elements occur. Relay subsequent response and any rundown and/or script changes from Producer and/or Director to relevant staff, talent, guests, and camera operators.
- Coordinate with vendors, talent, players, executives, celebrities, and guests to successfully and professionally execute all scripted elements and improvised game/event elements in coordination with instruction from Lead Producer as required and as assigned.
- Work with Producers and camera operators to frame and set up live elements while coordinating with participants, staff, and other talent.
- Responsible for ensuring that all pre-game, in-game, and post-game presentation elements occur promptly at their pre-designated time and are executed accurately.
- Ensure all interactive and experiential activities are accurately and clearly communicated and explained to any/all participants.
- Ensure any/all safety and other precautions have been taken for participants in all experiences and activities, particularly on-field. Examples include: providing and assisting with safety equipment, waivers, etc.
- Work with game/event management to ensure all prizing for any/all promotions or activities is correct, present, and distributed as instructed.
- Find/secure contestants as required; escort talent, guests, experiential participants, and/or staff as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School graduate or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree or current College/Grad School student preferred.
- 1-2+ years of experience working in live sports entertainment, TV/Film production, live event management, or other relevant production/coordination experience preferred.
- Knowledge of professional soccer; experience with matchday presentation/operations is a plus.
- Must be proactive, organized, and resourceful with great attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and work effectively in a fast-paced setting.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize efficiently and quickly.
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to professionally and calmly communicate and interact with all levels of management, staff, guests, children, executives, celebrities, players, VIP’s, etc – especially in high-pressure situations.
- Strong team-player; “above and beyond” work ethic and mentality
- Ability to stand/walk/lift with limited assistance for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Flexible schedule. Must be able to commit to 80% or more LAFC home games (Matchday Presentation crew are not required to work all home games – games are scheduled on a rotating basis amongst the pool of employees).
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.