Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
PART TIME - Operations Crew with Los Angeles Football Club / Banc of California Stadium in Los Angeles · CA
Los Angeles Football Club / Banc of California Stadium jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Conversion Crew
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
This position is responsible for physically assisting with event setups, changeovers, and daily operational logistics at Banc of California Stadium and LAFC Performance Center.
- Assist in Banc of California Stadium & LAFC event setups and logistics at both the stadium & LAFC Performance Center as directed by the department Manager and/or Coordinators.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance & repairs on all stadium & performance center equipment and infrastructure as directed.
- Perform daily loading dock operations related to shipping & receiving, deliveries, and event equipment load in/out.
- Assist in maintaining stadium event operations assets, including regular organization and inventory of equipment and tools.
- Provide daily labor support to all stadium operating departments including but not limited to;
Turf & Grounds, Audio/Visual and Broadcast, Housekeeping, Engineering, Parking, Security, Guest Experience, and Events.
- Execute major stadium event conversions; including but not limited to field coverings, demountable seating system, stage builds, seating alterations, gate set-ups and concourse build-outs.
- Other duties as assigned by stadium operations management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Any combination of work experience or training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Sport & entertainment venue experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of operations equipment including forklift, scissor lift, pallet jacks, staging, seating, carts, and power tools, etc.
- Forklift certification not required, but strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays as the event calendar requires.
- Strong multi-tasking & organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to meet deadlines and function in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to stand/walk/lift with limited assistance for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs unassisted.
- Ability to withstand various weather elements such as high temperatures and rain.
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
How did you hear about this job?
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
What is your WOTC questionnaire code?