Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
PART TIME - Operations Crew
Los Angeles Football Club
Los Angeles, CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Conversion Crew
Los Angeles Football Club is Major League Soccer’s newest team in Los Angeles, set to debut in 2018. We are developing a world-class, forward-thinking sports organization to bring the fastest growing professional sport in America to one of the largest and most diverse markets in the world. Our primary initiatives include: designing and building our stadium, developing all facets of our brand, engaging with our community and developing our sporting team and youth programs. We are looking to grow our high-caliber, diverse team with creative and hard-working individuals who have a passion for sports, entertainment, and many of the lifestyle elements that the beautiful game touches.
This positon is responsible for physically assisting with event setups, changeovers, and daily operational tasks at Banc of California Stadium and LAFC Performance Center.
- Assist in Banc of California Stadium & LAFC event setups and strikes at both the stadium & LAFC Performance Center as directed by the Operations Manager and/or Event Manager.
- Complete work orders provided by Operations Manager/Management through Aware Manager.
- Perform maintenance & repairs on stadium & performance center equipment as directed.
- Assist in executing loading dock operations shipping & receiving deliveries.
- Assist Turf & Grounds Department in all field event set ups & strikes as directed by Operations Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Any combination of work experience or training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Sport & entertainment venue experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of operations equipment including forklift, scissor lift, pallet jacks, staging, seating, etc.
- Forklift certification not required, but strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays as the event calendar requires.
- Strong multi-tasking & organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to meet deadlines and function in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to stand/walk/lift with limited assistance for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs unassisted.
- Ability to withstand various weather elements such as high temperatures and rain.
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
How did you hear about this job?