PART TIME - Game Night Crew - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club Jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Communications/Community Relations: Media/Public Relations Servicing
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to assist with day-to-day objectives and game day media operations in our Communications department at all LAFC home matches. This position requires the individual to possess excellent written and verbal communications skills, a strong worth ethic, the ability to multitask, and aspiration to increase their sports business experience and knowledge.
- Assist with game day operations including but not limited to game notes, press box and media will call set up, and the overall credential process.
- Interaction and fulfillment of on-site media requests.
- Assist media members with statistical questions, player interview requests, and other general media servicing duties as assigned.
- Assist in creating game day roster handout and other publications.
- Dissemination of media updates and statistics throughout games.
- Player and coach audio gathering and transcribing.
- Assist in crafting post-match media communications including but not limited to composition of written content such as press releases, media advisories, game notes, and articles for LAFC.com. (opportunity for published byline).
- Prepare credential and stats packets for visiting team the week prior to all games (including weekends).
- Support statistical research projects as assigned.
- Administrative duties including but not limited to data entry, copying, and filing.
- Attend community relations and other events as needed on behalf of the Communications department.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Recent or current College/Grad School student majoring in Communications or related subject preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience in in a related role or communications/public relations experience preferred.
- Knowledge of professional soccer is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Strong writing skills and knowledge of AP Style guidelines.
- Must be proactive, organized, and resourceful with great attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and work effectively in a fast-paced setting.
- Must possess high level of discretion with the ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information as needed.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as the event calendar requires.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
If yes, what is your WOTC questionnaire code?