Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Get involved in America's fastest growing sport by joining Major League Soccer or its teams!
If you are interested in working with us at Major League Soccer, please apply for a job.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Note: this job is closed to new applications.
Los Angeles Football Club is Major League Soccer’s newest team in Los Angeles, set to debut in 2018. We are developing a world-class, forward-thinking sports organization to bring the fastest growing professional sport in America to one of the largest and most diverse markets in the world. Our primary initiatives include: designing and building our stadium, developing all facets of our brand, engaging with our community and developing our sporting team and youth programs. We are looking to grow our high-caliber, diverse team with creative and hard-working individuals who have a passion for sports, entertainment, and many of the lifestyle elements that the beautiful game touches.
The Manager, Digital will be responsible for the day-to-day management of LAFC.com and related Club digital platforms (including the LAFC app, BancofCaliforniaStadium.com, and LAFC.academy). The Manager, Digital will post Club news and videos, create pages, and ensure all content is current. The position will also manage Club email communications, including developing, designing, and administering campaigns. The Manager will actively contribute to content scheduling for all media channels including LAFC.com, the LAFC app, social media, email, and associated Club publications.
- Manage LAFC.com and related Club websites. Post news and videos, build pages and other content features.
- Optimize content for search engines.
- Implement CMS template alterations to fit Club needs.
- Assist with the administration of web banner ads including overseeing design, scheduling and reporting.
- Proactively look for ways to improve performance, simplify interactions, and generally improve Club website(s) and digital platforms.
- Administer sweepstakes and contests.
- Implement email campaigns from conception to completion.
- Assist with the design and development of LAFC email templates.
- Maintain email segmentation lists and rules.
- Create messaging for Club emails.
- Update and administer LAFC mobile app content.
- Ensure all relevant API’s and data feeds are working and displaying properly in Club app.
- Manage app push notifications and other promotional messaging.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Maintain style and best practices guidelines consistently across all digital properties.
- Develop landing pages and the trafficking of promotional/sales messages on the LAFC mobile app, websites, and other internal and external assets.
- Develop digital advertising campaigns to support LAFC initiatives.
- Work closely with MLS Digital to ensure all guidelines and requirements are being met.
- Track and report on emerging digital trends, products, and technologies.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field from an accredited College/University required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing the digital presence of a brand or sports team.
- Knowledge of LAFC, MLS, and Global soccer preferred.
- Working knowledge of design principles, Photoshop, SEO, and SEM principles.
- Strong familiarity with copy editing and AP style
- Detail-oriented, driven self-motivator with a strong work ethic to get the job done.
- Ability to read, listen, and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
How did you hear about this job?