Manager, Business & Data Strategy - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Marketing: Database Marketing/Analytics
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Manager, Business & Data Strategy is responsible for executing projects that impact the operations of data warehouse management, automated reporting, ad-hoc business analysis, CRM, sales lead prospecting, research, proposal development, partner recap analysis, and other related areas. This position will have a direct hand in developing strategies for various other departments including ticket sales and services for both LAFC and ACFC (Angel City Football Club), corporate partnerships, community relations, digital & email marketing, retail, concessions, and stadium operations. This position is responsible for developing and managing CRM systems, creating data-driven analyses, and summarizing and implementing recommendations. This position will require knowledge and ability to extract data and produce insights from myriad sources, including the internal sources and external secondary research. Strong written and oral communications skills will be required in producing documents to be presented to executives and their departments.
- Lead collaborative projects with Ticket Sales and Operations team to develop ticket pricing and inventory allocation models for all stadium events and implement resulting recommendations.
- Analyze sales, service, and CRM data to develop analytical models related to lead scoring, retention modeling, dynamic pricing and seat allocation.
- Use marketing tools, including segmentations and modeling, to generate insights on market trends, customer behavior and sentiment, and current campaign performance.
- Serve as the primary CRM administrator for the organization with a focus on Ticket Sales and Corporate Partnerships departments executing projects including but not limited to administration of campaigns, loading new leads while managing data cleanliness, working with Digital team on data segmentation, development of new process workflows, implementation of third-party integrations, and day-to-day management.
- Analyze campaigns and provide recaps and recommendations incorporating all process metrics including call volume, appointments, tasks, and opportunity stages.
- Create and maintain high quality business management dashboards and reports for organization-wide use, (including executive management) primarily leveraging Tableau software and custom SQL queries.
- Produce and deliver compelling presentations that visualize key observations and insights based on analysis of sales, survey and marketing data, etc.
- Coordinate the development of partnership sales presentations – including brainstorm research, platform development, image curation, copy writing, etc.
- Proactively identify opportunities to drive innovation, optimization, customer experience and financial performance.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university required, in statistics, business, finance, or economics preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in sports industry, especially with a role in ticketing analytics and CRM database management (Salesforce.com, KORE).
- 3+ years of experience working with database objects, queries, architectures, and BI tools preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with Ticketmaster Archtics platform.
- Power user of the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong background in data visualization software (Tableau) preferred.
- Extensive experience operating and combining data sources using complex SQL queries.
- Proficiency in statistical package or analysis tools such as R, Stata, Python, or SAS preferred.
- Ability to extract key insights from large datasets and synthesize into key recommendations for leadership.
- Strong presentation skills with exceptional written and verbal communication skills to tailor key messages to the appropriate audience.
- Must be detail-oriented, mathematically inclined, articulate in storytelling and able to manage multiple projects at once.
- Must be able to collaborate effectively and efficiently with both internal and external peers.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability - a self-starter.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including but not limited to nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
If so, what is your WOTC questionnaire code?