Maintenance Manager - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Maintenance
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Facility Manager is responsible for overseeing all daily repairs, upkeep, and general maintenance of Banc of California Stadium and Performance Training Center. Primary focus is to ensure all maintenance operations are completed including but not limited to project management, preventative maintenance, and establishing routine maintenance procedures.
- Schedules, assigns, plans, and monitors the work of Engineering personnel performing a variety of mechanical projects.
- Responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of CMMS.
- Manages repair projects and preventative maintenance activities assigned to the engineering department.
- Manages all engineering related service agreements and contracts.
- Responsible for operational oversight, maintenance, and repair of building management systems.
- Responsible for helping manage the departmental operating budgets and participates in the planning and management of all capital improvement projects.
- Actively participates in all energy management, utility procurement, and green initiatives.
- Regularly attend event planning meetings to ensure the department receives pertinent information to appropriately staff and prepare the facility for upcoming events.
- Ensure preventative maintenance schedules, departmental standard operating procedures, emergency procedures, and risk/safety policies are being adhered to and compliant with all governmental regulations including but not limited to CAL OSHA.
- Responsible for implementation of all local and state codes and filing any permits as necessary per guidelines.
- Acts as Manager on duty when needed and coordinate emergency call repair activities as necessary to always maintain a safe stadium environment.
- Prepare material and labor estimates as necessary for events, special projects, and repairs/maintenance.
- Train or inform employees of new work methods or procedures, changes in safety regulations, and codes/standards.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Facilities Management, or related field from an accredited College/University required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in facility operations, at a high profile venue/stadium preferred.
- Familiar with best practices for operating different types of sports/entertainment venues.
- Forward thinking planner who can galvanize a team around long term initiatives.
- Ability to work successfully independently and through cross functional teams.
- Strong organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to make sound decisions and multi-task in a fast-paced environment while meeting tight deadlines.
- Possess a professional demeanor and can interact effectively with all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently.
- Advanced knowledge of the following computer programs: Microsoft Office (including, SharePoint, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must possess a current and valid California Drivers License.
- Must be able to work nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays as the event calendar requires.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs without assistance and stand/walk for long period of time.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
If yes, what is your WOTC questionnaire code?