Graphic Designer - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club Jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Web/Creative Services: Graphic Design/Creative Services
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Graphic Designer will assist in executing graphic design initiatives of LAFC and all affiliated brands across all business functions. Through consumer-focused design and experimentation, this position will uniquely elevate the perception of our products, services, and systems to grow business and build brand awareness.
- Support and assist the Sr. Graphic Designer, SVP of Creative and Content, and the Brand and Community team to translate LAFC’s brands (and extensions) into exciting and relevant promotions, web page/mobile concepts, point-of-sale displays, retail interior concepts, promotional video, print advertising, etc.
- Responsible for taking graphic design projects from concept through production (die-lines, printer oversight, etc).
- Identify trends and innovation inspiration and turn them into new concepts with our multidisciplinary team.
- Participate and influence all stages of a project, from design research and prototyping to final product and presentation, with a focus on visual communication and storytelling.
- Work with the merchandise team to develop products for purchase as well as promotional items and giveaways.
- Create motion graphics for historic Club moments, big and small (player signings, match days, community events, etc.)
- Organize and maintain our Cloud based creative sharing systems.
- Maintain both asset library and print file version of product in a sharable manner, accessible by department.
- Partner with head of Digital to update LAFC.com and BancOfCaliforniaStadium.com site by assisting with building pages, sections, features, etc.
- Assist various departments in creating PowerPoint presentation decks.
- Support events team and Game Day Presentations with evolving communication asset needs.
- Proactively look for ways to improve performance across digital platforms.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the requirements of the company.
- Collaborate on special projects to identify and solve creative issues across various departments.
- Select photography for social media graphic use.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Designs or related field preferred, equivalent experience required.
- 2-3 years experience in interaction/motion/graphic design across a variety of media required.
- Experience in concept ideation, design strategy, digital prototype in combination with graphic design, and 3D animation preferred.
- Previous experience working with a professional sports team in MLS is a plus.
- Strong design fundamentals; solid typography, composition, and great attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of a variety of graphic design and interactive tools including InDesign, illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, PowerPoint, and Milanote. Experience designing HTML and UI/UX is a plus.
- Ability to mock-up ideas for evaluation and verification (including physical mock-ups).
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently – both written and oral.
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions.
- Detail-oriented, driven self-motivator with a strong work ethic.
- Passion for visual design and learning new methods of designing digital experiences.
- Must present a strong portfolio that demonstrates aesthetically pleasing & strategically creative solutions.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, holidays and most LAFC matches as required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.