Head of Conditioning and Rehabilitation Coach - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Player Operations: Strength and Conditioning
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Head Conditioning and Rehabilitation Coach is responsible for enhancing player fitness and condition by planning and delivering industry leading pre-activation sessions, team warm-ups, and conditioning sessions during or post team training and on match days. The successful candidate will also work alongside the other members of the medical and performance team to deliver industry leading on-field rehabilitation sessions for 1st team players following injury. This role plans, coordinates and delivers on/off-field and gym-based rehabilitation sessions, and the reintegration of players to training and match play following the completion of the rehabilitation process.
- Utilize strength and conditioning assessment data to identify individual player’s strengths and weaknesses and set achievable conditioning targets agreed with players, performance team and technical staff.
- Plan and deliver effective and individualized player pre-activation sessions in collaboration with the Performance and Medical team.
- Plan and execute effective team warm-ups and on-field conditioning sessions during or following a team training session.
- Assist the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach to plan and deliver effective gym-based strength and conditioning sessions that influence injury prevention and enhance player performance.
- Collect, interpret, and use strength assessment data to inform specific individual injury prevention programs.
- Work closely with LAFC performance nutritionist to support the achievement of strength and conditioning objectives.
- Lead the planning of player rehabilitation in collaboration with other key Medical and Performance staff.
- Work with Medical and Performance staff to deliver appropriate strength and conditioning requirements during player rehabilitation.
- Deliver structured pitch-based player rehabilitation, managing the transition from the medical team to return to training and matches.
- Remain up to date on potential new technologies and innovation that can improve injury prevention capability.
- Work closely with the medical staff to monitor strength levels throughout the rehabilitation process as players progress back to pre-injury levels.
- Work closely with LAFC performance nutritionist to maximize effective rehabilitation.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College/ University in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Physical Education, or related field or National Federation’s equivalent required. Master’s Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Physical Education, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role required, at an elite/professional sports team, or MLS preferred.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning certification by the NSCA, UKSCA, ASCA or equivalent internationally recognized Strength and Conditioning certification.
- CPR certification
- Previous experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary sports medicine and sports science department is a plus.
- Experience in utilizing sports science technologies like: Catapult GPS, FirstBeat, Vald Performance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to quickly build trust and relationships with players and staff.
- Team player, who wants to put team and player success over individual success.
- Take a shared responsibility for the upkeep and cleanliness of the training ground with specific reference to sports science and training equipment.
- Commit to improving yourself and others through appropriate and agreed yearly personal development.
- Align with the defined values and culture of the Performance department and the first Team Coach.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as the MLS calendar requires.
- Travel with the first team when required.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
If yes, what is your WOTC questionnaire code?