Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
General Manager with Los Angeles Football Club in Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is the newest MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles with its 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
We are seeking a seasoned leader to serve as General Manager of Banc of California Stadium and our first team training facility.
This role will primarily focus on developing and leading the stadium management team, manage operational budgets, ancillary facilities including first team training facility, develop and implement sustainable initiatives, ensure both facilities are running at peak energy efficiency through practical and innovative energy management methods, and maintain compliance with all regulatory standards and laws.
Ideal candidate must be highly organized, self-motivated and have a strong knowledge of facility operation, maintenance, and turf management in a multi-use stadium. The successful candidate should have a minimum of seven (7) years stadium management experience with a minimum of three (3) of those years as a senior venue leader. Person must be a strategic thinker/planner with strong fiscal knowledge, experienced team builder and developer, and committed to building a “best in class” stadium experience.
- Lead coordination with stadium department heads to ensure effective implementation of basic venue operations at all time and all laws, codes, ordinances, policies, procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules/regulations, and emergency procedures are followed.
- Oversee all aspects of the stadium and training facility’s playing surfaces with particular focus on managing turf conditions to meet anticipated heavy “non-MLS” event use.
- Establish and maintain high standard of customer service for staff, guests, and vendors.
- In addition to immediate stadium staff, this role will also oversee food and beverage and Broadcasting partners to ensure strategies align with our business expectations.
- Collaborate with various departments including but not limited to marketing, sales and service, food and beverage, and corporate partnerships to create innovative offerings that drive incremental revenue growth, fan and partner engagement, and profitability at Banc of California Stadium.
- Partner with booking executive to manage non LAFC event operations and expenses in order to maximize profit while protecting the guest and artist experience.
- Work closely with Human Resources on all employee related matters including but not limited to hiring, training, and discipline to ensure high performance and compliance.
- Responsible for service agreements for all contracted services and ensure that all work completed is on schedule and in accordance with fully executed agreements.
- Budget for facility department to include contracted services, operating expenses, repairs and maintenance, payroll, training, and capital expenditures. Monitor monthly financials to ensure departments are operating within approved budget and take action to correct expenses that exceed budget.
- Develop and implement facility rules, regulations, policies and procedures and update as needed including program to train all employees on Fire/Life Safety, Emergency and OSHA Procedures.
- Ensure the Company is abiding by all FIFA, U.S. Soccer, and MLS standards and policies.
- Maintain effective working relationships and communication with stakeholders in Exposition Park, the surrounding community and act as liaison to public utility, environmental, and energy agencies.
- Coordinate and oversee special projects, such as construction, remodeling or expansion.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of major sports facility and operation experience required.
- Must have demonstrated track record in similar role.
- College degree in related field or equivalent experience required; advance degree preferred.
- Possess skills and experience in contract negotiations, business law, budget preparation, labor relations, union contracts, purchasing procedures and supervising/training personnel.
- Previous experience with electrical, HVAC, carpentry, roofing, blueprints, specifications, event documents and preventive maintenance schedules.
- Strong knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up and conversions; typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining facility equipment; and proper use and care of hand and power tools.
- Possess exceptional leadership skills with the ability to successfully lead, develop, and motivate teams in order to increase performance and foster an inclusive and positive culture and work environment.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and CAD software.
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and oral.
- Must be able to work successfully in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects at once.
- Present an overall professional appearance and demeanor.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Previous experience operating a facility with MLS, non MLS sporting events, and major concerts preferred.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
How did you hear about this job?
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
What is your WOTC questionnaire code?