FULL TIME - Groundskeeper - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is the newest MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles with its 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Groundskeeper is responsible for maintenance and execution of landscape programming at Banc of California Stadium (1 natural grass field) and LAFC Performance Center (1 natural grass field and 1 artificial turf field).
- Assist in the maintenance and care of the stadium and practice field’s ground, landscape, ornamental and xeriscape.
- Assist in maintenance programs for irrigation, irrigation system, weeds control, turf repair, sod removal, renovation and install.
- Responsible for all grass cutting, cutting procedures, as well as pruining and trimming of trees, shrubs, and hedges.
- Mow, edge, verticut, topdress, and brush fields on an as needed basis.
- Conduct debris removal on fields and walkways during event and non-event days.
- Inspect fleet of equipment during and after each use. Ensure proper maintenance and operation on all turf equipment, tractor, top-dresser, mowers, aerator, and any PTO driven equipment.
- Water fields, trees, or plants, using portable sprinkler systems, hoses, or watering tanks.
- Care for artificial turf fields - periodically removing the turf, replacing cushioning pads, or vacuuming and disinfecting the turf after use to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Mark design boundaries and paint natural or artificial turf fields with lines, team logos, and names prior to event.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or its equivalency preferred.
- Must have a valid driver license (to drive gator and carts in/around the facility).
- Ability to mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, or trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Knowledgeable in usage of hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, backpack blowers, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
- Familiar with operation vehicles or powered equipment such as mowers, tractors, twin axel vehicles, work truck, sod cutters.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive relationships across all levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English - both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and bend for long period of time unassisted.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs unassisted.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays required.
- Proficient in Spanish is a plus.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
What is your WOTC questionnaire code?