Director, Turf and Grounds - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Director, Turf & Grounds is responsible for developing, supervising, and/or executing the field and grounds maintenance program at the LAFC Performance Center (1 natural grass field), and at Banc of California Stadium (1 natural grass field) which will host multiple soccer teams, major concerts, and other large special events every year.
- Plan, direct, and oversee the field maintenance program at Banc of California Stadium and the LAFC Performance Center.
- Plan, direct, and oversee the landscape maintenance program at Banc of California Stadium and the LAFC Performance Center.
- Develop and manage regular work schedules for all turf and grounds team members, including but not limited to scheduling and timesheet approvals via ABI timekeeping system.
- Recruit, train, and provide ongoing career development for all turf and grounds team members.
- Maintain constant, professional communication with soccer operation’s technical staff and coaches in order to provide specific and consistent playing conditions on all playing surfaces.
- Develop and steward field and landscaping maintenance operating budget, in addition to a detailed capital improvement plan focused on increasing event frequency and quality on all field surfaces.
- Collaborate regularly with LAFC executives, operations, and event managers, in the planning and execution of non-soccer events; including but not limited to concerts, festivals, and other field use events.
- Fully integrate LAFC field maintenance technologies into an advanced regular field maintenance plan; including but not limited to grow lights, surface testing equipment, data collection platforms, irrigation, and air circulation systems.
- Serve as the primary contact for LAFC for all field and landscaping support in addition to supply vendors, by developing and cultivating strong partnerships.
- Remain in regular contact with sod growing vendors to ensure proper and consistent turf maintenance is being done to reserve fields on off-site farms, in addition to spearheading re-sod projects for all fields.
- Collaborate regularly with Natural Grass Advisory Group (NGAG) on developing and implementing innovative best practices for field maintenance.
- Establish and update regular (daily, weekly, monthly) shared Outlook calendars - for both field and landscape maintenance.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all fields and landscaping maintenance on SharePoint.
- Conduct operation and safety training for department employees to ensure everyone is following OSHA guideline and proper procedure.
- Other duties as assigned by LAFC management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and can explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Degree from an accredited college/university in horticulture, turf management, plant science, or related field required.
- 7+ years’ experience in a decision-making role within turf and grounds in the sports and entertainment industry, with an MLS club preferred.
- Experience with supplemental field maintenance lighting systems (grow lights).
- Actively utilizing data and innovative technology to support making field maintenance decisions in current position.
- Understanding and/or experience with Latitude 36 Bermudagrass, the superior, cutting edge Bermudagrass utilized on LAFC fields (unique in CA).
- Experience with natural grass field preparation for, and recovery from, non-soccer events.
- Experience with field protection systems (Matrax or other similar) for non-soccer events.
- Familiarity with short event turnarounds and integrating detailed programming of advanced and specialized turf maintenance techniques within a busy field schedule.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (SharePoint, Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Detail-oriented, driven self-motivator with a strong work ethic to get the job done.
- Ability to multi-task and work successfully in a fast-paces environment while making sound and informed decisions to adapt to various unforeseen changes at the last minute.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must possess a professional and approachable demeanor at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently - both verbal and written.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
If yes, what is your WOTC questionnaire code?