Director, Stadium Production & A/V with Los Angeles Football Club in Los Angeles · CA
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
Los Angeles Football Club is Major League Soccer’s newest team in Los Angeles, that debuted in 2018. We are a world-class, forward-thinking sports organization to bring the fastest growing professional sport in America to one of the largest and most diverse markets in the world. Our primary initiatives include: creating industry leading guest experience, developing all facets of our brand, engaging with our community and developing our sporting team and youth programs. We are looking to grow our high-caliber, diverse team with creative and hard-working individuals who have a passion for sports, entertainment, and many of the lifestyle elements that the beautiful game touches.
The Director, Stadium Production & A/V is responsible for the overall operations and maintenance of all A/V systems as well as creating, executing and enhancing the game day experience for Los Angeles Football Club fans. The role will serve as the primary liaison between the stadium and broadcast partners.
- Work with the Stadium Events department to ensure all A/V and building broadcast needs are met. This includes but is not limited to LAFC matches, Angel City FC matches, concerts, and special events.
- Direct and supervise full time and part time support staff under A/V and matchday presentation; including but not limited to A/V engineers, control room staff, on-field match presentation, and PA announcer.
- Identify staffing needs for all events and work with third party contractor to schedule necessary labor; including but not limited to producers, technical directors, camera & board operators, and other A/V technical staff.
- Develop and manage department financial budget for annual operating, matchday, and long-term capital projects.
- Responsible for operational oversight, maintenance, and repair of all stadium A/V systems.
- Establish and execute preventative maintenance processes and procedures to ensure consistent reliability, longevity, and effectiveness of all audio and video equipment.
- Manage the operation, maintenance, and repairs of all interior/exterior digital displays, sound systems.
- Provides direction and recommendations on the future of all equipment, operating systems, and infrastructure keeping pace with emerging technologies
- Oversee the operation, maintenance and administration of all IPTV related systems.
- Coordinate content development and maintain a high standard for customer facing display elements.
- Provide strategic direction and day-to-day oversight of all elements of game presentation.
- Develop and execute timelines, rundowns, and scripts - designing the overall look and experience for match day which includes working closely with our corporate partnership deparment to ensure all activation requirements are met.
- Oversee creation and execution of all in-stadium LED, video and graphics assets.
- Works closely with Brand and Community department to ensure clubs brand identity is appropriately represented across all programs, assets, and activations.
- Serve as the main point of contact for in-game video and graphic production. Works with third party contractor to ensure all needs are met.
- Research fan engagement and match presentation trends to ensure industry-elite best practices and first in class fan experience.
- Partner with MLS to ensure protocols and commercial guidelines are met.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and can explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Multi-Media, or a related field required.
- 5 - 7 years of experience working at a stadium or large arena in broadcast systems and/or serving as a matchday producer required.
- Previous experience managing a department or team at a professional sports team is preferred.
- Must have experience in live event planning, production, and management with a goal of maximizing guest experience.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, and/or video editing software.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with particular emphasis on: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Detail-oriented with proactive attitude, strong follow-up and execution skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work successfully in a fast pace environment while making sound and informed decisions to adapt to various unforeseen changes at the last minute.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude at all times.
- Must possess high ethical and moral standard, as well as strong sense of confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in English – both written and verbal.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays is required.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
How did you hear about this job?
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
What is your WOTC questionnaire code?