Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Director, Network Operations
Los Angeles Football Club
Los Angeles, CA
Technical Services: Director
Los Angeles Football Club is Major League Soccer’s newest team in Los Angeles, set to debut in 2018. We are developing a world-class, forward-thinking sports organization to bring the fastest growing professional sport in America to one of the largest and most diverse markets in the world. Our primary initiatives include: designing and building our stadium, developing all facets of our brand, engaging with our community and developing our sporting team and youth programs. We are looking to grow our high-caliber, diverse team with creative and hard-working individuals who have a passion for sports, entertainment, and many of the lifestyle elements that the beautiful game touches.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance of all network and technology infrastructure for the Company. The Director, Network Operations will manage a network consisting of thousands of endpoints across a distributed enterprise consisting of Banc of California Stadium, the LAFC Performance Center and LAFC Headquarters.
- Manage networks across all LAFC facilities.
- Provide support and maintain high-availability at all times.
- Manage all connected devices on our networks:
- Point-of-Sale systems
- Audio/Visual systems – IPTV
- Access Controls
- IP Telephones
- Compute and Storage infrastructure
- Manage relationship between LAFC and all voice/data partners.
- Conduct regular risk assessments to identify potential security issues.
- Collaborate with VP, IT to develop the LAFC business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Systems Engineering, or related field required.
- Cisco CCNP or equivalent certification required.
- Cisco CCIE certification preferred.
- 5+ Years of Router/Switch Management of a network with at least 2,000 endpoints
- 5+ Years of experience with 802.11 Wi-Fi network management
- 2+ Years of experience with VMWare vSphere
- 2+ Years of experience with Windows Active Directory
- 2+ Years of experience with Cisco Wi-Fi networks
- 2+ Years of experience with Cisco BE6000 VoIP UC System
- You must be familiar with 802.1q, Spanning Tree, BGP, OSPF, Firewalls, Active Directory, SIP, RTP/H.264, RADIUS, LACP, 802.11ac, 802.1x, 802.3af/802.3at, G.984, NTP, SNMP, ISDN, IoT, IPv4, IPv6, NAT.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive relationships across all levels.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and oral.
- Ability to work efficiently and multi-task in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions and demanding deadlines.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Detail oriented with excellent multitasking and time management skills.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
How did you hear about this job?