Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Director, Facility Accounting with Los Angeles Football Club in Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is the newest MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles with its 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
This individual will be a seasoned operating accountant who has hands-on experience in designing and operating event accounting and management systems with the capacity to host over 150 events a year with a mix of concerts, music festivals, sporting events as well as special and private events. The ideal candidate will be both technically trained and fluent in the live entertainment and sports venue business, with superior experience in planning, projecting, reporting, and event settlement. Daily interaction with all departments in the division including operations, marketing, special event sales, and booking, will be required. The position will also interact with corporate accounting and finance to insure accurate GAAP reporting of the division’s results. The Director, Facility Accounting will also work on special projects, including the development of and/or investment in live entertainment properties. Experience in fully understanding and executing the deal-making process is essential. In addition, the Director, Facility Accounting will be a key player with respect to the design and execution of the division’s strategy. This position will report directly to the SVP, Controller while working closely with the Event Booking department.
- Manage all accounting process for facility and events including revenue and AR, expenses and AP, collections, cash management, subsidiary ledgers, operating expense, and vendor approvals.
- Responsible for financial analyses for all contracts related to events, vendors, and subcontractors and liaises with counterparts at these entities as needed.
- Prepare, review, and conduct pre-settlements, event settlements and flash reporting.
- Partner with head of ticket operations to reconcile ticketing report to bank receipts, record sales and record journal entries related to events.
- Review and execute all checks, deposits, daily cash receipts, and disbursements.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and other financial reports including monthly statements, annual budget and annual report in order to conduct monthly and annual close.
- Analyze financial performance and trends of key performance indicators and recommends appropriate actions/changes in order to meet business goals.
- Prepare, forecast, and report estimated future revenue and expenses.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure company financial objectives are met and in compliance with financial process and procedure.
- Partner with corporate accounting and finance as requested and required.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- B.S. in Accounting from an accredited four year college or university required; CPA or Masters in Accounting or Finance is a plus.
- 6-8 years of related experience at a major sports and entertainment venue.
- Familiarity working with large concert promotion companies and Ticketmaster system is preferred.
- Proficient in GAAP accounting and reporting and the use of appropriate accounting software with direct experience in building out and/or modifying the general ledger and requisite coding, infrastructure, and processes.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to manage and create budgets and plans and accurate report results.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required.
- Present an overall professional appearance and demeanor.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
How did you hear about this job?
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
What is your WOTC questionnaire code?