Director, Community Relations - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club Jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
This position is responsible for LAFC and Banc of California Stadium’s regional and MLS League community initiatives. Additionally, this role will support LAFC DEI and Foundation initiatives as needed.
- Develop, implement, and manage all functions of non-foundation community programs including partnership relations, staffing, contracts, budgets/accounting, activation, and reporting to grow audiences and brand awareness.
- Collaborate with Foundation Executive Director, Partnership Team representatives and other organizational leadership on a recurring basis to discuss, decide, strategize, and plan for all Community initiatives, including specific programs for partners, for LAFC and Banc of California Stadium.
- In conjunction with the MLS League office, actively participate, execute, and report on programs for MLS Works and league mandates and initiatives.
- Develop, implement, and manage creative and impactful community programs and events, including but not limited to player appearances, soccer festivals, soccer clinics and young leader trainings.
- Develop initiatives that use the game of soccer to make positive change and be a force for good in the greater Los Angeles region.
- Support the marketing and communications department in creating and generating strategy and plans as well as development of content for owned and earned media opportunities related to Community initiatives and LAFC Foundation.
- Partner with LAFC HR Team to develop and support community activations that exemplify LAFC DEI initiatives.
- Build relationships and collaborate on values-aligned initiatives with key internal and external stakeholders, including Los Angeles philanthropic agencies and community-based organizations, and existing LAFC community partners.
- Manage KPI development, measurement and reporting for community programs including data collection, analysis, tracking of participants, and generation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for organizational stakeholders.
- Manage all community activation and donation requests sent to LAFC, internally and externally, and track and report all requests.
- Collaborate with the LAFC Foundation team to create meaningful employee volunteer opportunities that help scale social impact of community and foundation programs and support various charitable initiatives in the community.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited College/University required.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in community relations and community event management required, experience working in the non-profit sector/private sector preferred.
- Experience working in community relations for a professional sports organization preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines, accomplish work in order of priority, professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions.
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with club’s community partners and networks.
- Strong understanding of multi-cultural and cross-cultural settings and of individuals of various backgrounds.
- Strong knowledge of Los Angeles schools and youth- and community-based organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with staff in a team-oriented environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- A strong background in youth soccer and an interest in the non-profit sector preferable.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.