Director, Coaching - LAFC Academy - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Player Operations: Coach
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
Our Academy team is seeking an experienced Director of Coaching who is responsible for leading the coaches and implementing LAFC Academy curriculum throughout all age groups. This role is critical in ensuring our Academy players and program is consistent and effective.
- Develop and guide the implementation of LAFC methodology across all Academy teams.
- Deliver coaching support to all Academy coaches.
- Conduct formal evaluation of coaches’ performance.
- Provide feedback to coaches and LAFC Technical Committee along with solutions for improvement if necessary.
- Aid in transition of Academy players through age groups, and the second and first team.
- Assist on field as needed with Academy and second team training.
- Other duties as assigned.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- USSF or UEFA A License required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in professional soccer and/or youth development program required.
- Detail oriented with excellent performance and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask, operate effectively, and make sound decisions in a dynamic working environment with frequent changes and tight deadlines.
- Must always possess a professional demeanor with the ability to handle difficult situations in a calm manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive relationships and interact with internal and external clients across all levels (ie. coaches, team physicians, technical staff, etc).
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to correspond effectively and efficiently both written and verbal.
- Must be reliable, trustworthy, and able to maintain high confidentiality.
- Must adhere to all Club and MLS policies and protocols surrounding minor players and SafeSport training. Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
If yes, what is your WOTC questionnaire code?