Director, Analytics - Soccer Operations - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Player Operations: Model Development
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Director of Analytics is part of our Soccer Operations team and responsible for the analysis and incorporation of quantitative data to assist in player evaluation and recruitment for LAFC as well as to assist with opposition scouting for LAFC opponents. As the use of quantitative analysis continues to grow in the global soccer space, the ability to incorporate emergent philosophies, metrics, and technology in global soccer will be paramount. This role will collaborate closely with the first team coaching and technical staff to further performance on and off the field.
- Support the technical staff with quantitative analysis for the purposes of player evaluation and recruitment.
- Assist coaching staff in preparing opposition scouting reports using quantitative insights.
- Maintain and improve existing quantitative LAFC game model.
- Work with Sports Science department to incorporate player physical data into quantitative model.
- Craft professional presentations and reports to effectively communicate statistical findings.
- Other duties as assigned.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College/ University in a related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with quantitative soccer data sets, preferably with a club, data provider, or independently.
- Experienced understanding of advanced methods used to analyze soccer statistics.
- Experience with database management language (e.g. SQL).
- Experience with either Python or R.
- Experience working with data visualization tools (e.g., Shiny or Tableau).
- Familiarity with data analysis tools such as Statsbomb IQ and Impect.
- Preference for familiarity with probabilistic modeling and machine learning.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in English - both verbal and written.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as the event calendar requires.
- Must be able to travel with team as needed.
- Video editing experience is a plus but not required.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
If yes, what is your WOTC questionnaire code?