Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Coordinator, Guest Experience with Los Angeles Football Club in Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Event Guest Relations
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is the newest MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles with its 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
This role is responsible for providing administrative and event day support to the Guest Experience department, in addition to performing duties as outlined below. This position requires the employee to work a varied work schedule.
- Assist Manager with event/briefing notes, credential sheet, and deployment sheets as needed. Oversee archiving and storage of post-event paperwork.
- Perform “walk through” of the building prior to the opening of doors to public for events.
- Act as a liaison between management, supervisors, and Guest Experience staff by effectively communicating any issues or concerns through the proper channels.
- Partner with Box Office to resolve ticketing issues, including but not limited to accommodations for guests with disabilities, special needs, and relocations.
- Coordinate and direct staff for pre-event and/or post-event activities.
- Maintain department equipment: scanners, time clocks, 2-way radios and accessories, earplugs, signage, wheelchairs and all other supplies required to operate the department.
- Work with vendors to coordinate repairs or ordering of replacements.
- Order and maintain storage and supplies for Guest Experience department.
- Assist with answering Guest Experience e-mails, phone inquiries and mail correspondence during normal business hours.
- Assist with lost and found inquiries.
- Maintain employee databases, forms, and templates.
- Assist Manager with hiring, training, and scheduling of department staff.
- Oversee break rooms in the facility and report any issues to the appropriate department.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
- High school diploma or its equivalency required.
- 2-4 years of related experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work under pressure, multi-task, recognize issues and find solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently – both verbal and written.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service both within the organization and externally with key vendors.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to stand or remain in a stationary position (ie. when assigned to a specific station or post) for long periods of time and lift or move items weighing up to 30lbs.
- Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
How did you hear about this job?
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
What is your WOTC questionnaire code?