Coordinator, Facility Operations - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club Jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Conversion Crew
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Coordinator, Facility Operations is responsible for assisting in general tasks required to run, maintain, and service the stadium and/or events. This position will also act as a liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
- Coordinate and ensures completion of maintenance and repairs received from stadium Operations leadership.
- Coordinate and facilitate operations related requirements and requests from various departments and contractors to ensure the facility is ready for each event.
- Regularly attend event planning meetings to ensure the Operations Department receives pertinent information to appropriately staff and prepare the facility for upcoming events.
- Work with all applicable departments and provide clear, concise, and timely communications regarding event requirements and requests.
- Assist the department in tracking and accounting for inventory and all stadium equipment on a regular basis.
- Conduct periodic facility walk through in order to identify maintenance issues and solutions.
- Assist with the development and implementation of preventative maintenance schedules, departmental standard operating procedures, emergency procedures, and risk/safety policies to ensure Company is compliant with all governmental regulations including but not limited to OSHA.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University required, major in Facilities Management, Business or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years in arena/stadium operations, preferably at a high-profile arena/stadium.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of practices and procedures related to events and conversion of facility and maintain equipment.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches, event documents, and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with peers, clients, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Detail Oriented with an ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: including but not limited to word, excel, and outlook.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs without assistance and stand/walk for long period of time.
- Must possess a valid CA driver license.
- Current Forklift certification is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
If yes, what is your WOTC questionnaire code?