Coordinator, Community Relations - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
This position is responsible for assisting in research, planning, and organizing of communication and programs for the Community Relations department.
- Assist with implementation of Community Relations programming, including but not limited to sponsored initiatives, player appearances, and community events.
- Build and maintain relationship with local community organizations, schools, etc., with an eye towards increasing the Club’s Force for Good impact.
- Research community organizations for potential game ticket distribution and/or potential partnership.
- Assist with implementation and execution of league wide community relations initiatives.
- Assist with all match day community ticketing, including outreach, fulfillment and match day support.
- Coordinate responses and execution of donation requests, including request tracking system and mailing.
- Assist with the community event planning, management and staffing.
- Maintain and update player appearance calendar and database.
- Coordinate staffing for player appearances.
- Assist with team signing and manage inventory.
- Manage volunteers at community events.
- Assist in creating an external volunteer group that serves as a way to unite LAFC fans through service opportunities within the community.
- Maintain administrative duties for Community Relations department.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, or related field from an accredited College/University required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a similar field preferred.
- Must have a positive attitude and strong work ethic with an interest in event management.
- Must be able to interact with athletes, coaches, and club executives with a high degree of discretion, professionalism, and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information at all times.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and professional skills with the ability to multi-task and handle several projects at one time both individually and through cross functional teams.
- Ability to follow through, meet tight deadlines, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with various audiences internally and externally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience in general office skills and use of office equipment (copier, laser printers, telephones, computers, etc.).
- Must be consistent, punctual, and reliable with the flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Background in professional sports preferred but not required.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
If yes, what is your WOTC questionnaire code?