Assistant Manager, Turf and Grounds - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Assistant Manager, Turf & Grounds works in collaboration with the Director, Turf & Grounds to supervise and/or execute the field and grounds maintenance programs at the LAFC Performance Center (1 natural grass field), Cal State LA Fields (2 natural grass fields) and Banc of California Stadium (1 natural grass field) which will host multiple soccer teams, major concerts, and other large special events every year.
- Supervise and/or execute the field maintenance program at the Banc of California Stadium, the LAFC Performance Center, and applicable fields at Cal State LA.
- Supervise and/or execute the landscape maintenance program at the Banc of California Stadium and the LAFC Performance Center.
- Supervise work responsibilities of scheduled full-time and part-time hourly turf and grounds team members.
- Maintain constant communication with the Director, Turf & Grounds, along with soccer operation’s technical staff and coaches as needed.
- Participate in development and stewardship of the field and landscaping maintenance operating budget, in addition to a detailed capital improvement plan focused on future improvement to field maintenance goals and objectives.
- Fully utilize LAFC field maintenance technologies with advanced regular field maintenance work; including but not limited to grow lights, surface testing equipment, data collection platforms, irrigation, and air circulation systems.
- Partner with department head to establish and update regular (daily, weekly, monthly) shared Outlook calendars - for both field and landscape maintenance.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all fields and landscaping maintenance on SharePoint.
- Complete frequent equipment and supply inventory – keeping detailed records on all department supplies and tools.
- Assist in conducting operation and safety training for employees to ensure staff is following OSHA guideline and procedure.
- Other duties as assigned by LAFC management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and can explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Degree from an accredited college/university in horticulture, turf management, plant science, or related field preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role required, in the sports and entertainment industry (specifically MLS) preferred.
- Ability to utilize data and innovative technology to support making field maintenance decisions.
- Detail-oriented, driven self-motivator with a strong work ethic to get the job done.
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (SharePoint, Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Bilingual in Spanish is plus.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
If yes, what is your WOTC questionnaire code?