Assistant Manager, Facility Operations - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Assistant Manager, Facility Operations is responsible for supporting the daily requisites required to operate, maintain, and service Banc of California Stadium and the LAFC Performance Center.
- Oversee event operations for the department, including but not limited to managing daily stadium operations, conversion operations, and event operations.
- Assist the Sr. Manager, Facility Operations with overseeing third party vendor services, including but not limited to, outsourced labor and equipment rentals.
- Manage part-time operations crew and matchday operations schedules, project planning, budgets, and calendars to ensure the department is functioning efficiently and effectively.
- Provide and maintain required training to part-time operations staff including but not limited to forklift, OSHA, and event operations equipment.
- Provide detailed event estimates and actuals, in addition to comprehensive timelines for major stadium events and conversions.
- Assist with implementation of stadium-wide inventory management process which includes all major equipment, systems, and furniture.
- Coordinate with department leads and internal stakeholders to ensure operational support for projects, initiatives, and event deliverables are provided with a high level of execution and professionalism.
- Key contributor in implementing standard operating procedures focused on the long-term success of the Stadium and Performance Center.
- Provide guidance to department team members and contract project managers.
- Assist in planning and managing the department’s annual operating budget and capital budget.
- Oversee install and dismantle of various conversion equipment, including but not limited to, staging, temporary flooring, trussing, demountable seating, and chair set/strike.
- Collaborate with the Event Services department in setting up and converting event level, conference rooms and premium spaces as necessary to breaking down setup after event is completed.
- Supervise cost accounting expenses for overall budget including but not limited to house equipment rental, supplies and services purchased, event supervision and staff.
- Continuously review departmental needs and recommend repairs, maintenance, or special projects.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Facilities Management, or related field from an accredited College/University required.
- Minimum of 1-3 years management experience in operations/facility management required.
- Familiar with best practices in operating various sports/entertainment venues, preferably stadiums.
- Experience in planning, overseeing, and executing major event facility conversions.
- Proven leader with acumen to grow and operate a department.
- Forward thinking planner with the ability to motivate a team around short and long term initiatives.
- Ability to multi-task and handle several projects at one time both individually and through cross functional teams.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and make sound decisions while working under pressure and last minute changes.
- Strong organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work activities effectively and use time efficiently.
- Possess a professional demeanor and has the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Advanced knowledge of the following computer programs: Microsoft Office (including, SharePoint, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Experience working with ABI is a plus.
- Must possess a current and valid California Driver’s License.
- Must be able to work nights/overnights, weekends, and holidays as the event calendar requires.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs without assistance and stand/walk for long period of time.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Prior experience in MLS preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
If yes, what is your WOTC questionnaire code?