Assistant, Digital Marketing - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Web/Creative Services: Web Programming
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
We are seeking an innovative digital marketer capable of executing robust, cross-platform campaigns. This position will assist in implementing data-driven strategies across the Brand & Community, Ticketing, Merchandise, and Corporate Partnership verticals. The Assistant, Digital Marketing will aid in integrating audiences across email marketing, paid social media, CRM, and marketing automation platforms to achieve overall Company goals.
- Develop and/or maintain digital marketing campaigns across all channels (SEM/SEO, social, email, etc.) with a focus on driving return on ad spend and new customer acquisition.
- Build multi-channel digital customer journeys to build affinity and awareness, increase retention and engagement rates, and generate conversions for key marketing and sales objectives.
- Monitor audiences across email marketing, paid social, and CRM platforms.
- Perform day-to-day email marketing activities including but not limited to building HTML emails, email campaign set-up, database and list segmentation, A/B testing and reporting while adhering to best-in-industry standards.
- Maintain high standards of email deliverability, while ensuring GDPR, CCPA, and CAN-SPAM compliance.
- Work with creative and content teams to develop advertising collateral, specifically for email, paid social, and video channels.
- Create ad copy that aligns with Club voice and is specific to the intended audience.
- Place and track campaign pixels across marketing channels, including social media platforms and Ticketmaster pages.
- Analyze campaign performance and provide insights to senior leadership with the purpose of informing future digital marketing strategies.
- Drive business growth and overall revenue through media channels and advertising spend.
- Collaborate with business analytics group to segment databases into distinct, actionable audiences using advanced marketing automation tools.
- Strategically support paid promotion of original and branded social media content.
- Serve as a club liaison to MLS Digital, marketing, and e-commerce representatives.
- Assist with any other areas of the marketing communications department as needed.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited University or College in marketing, communications, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of work experience in a consumer marketing environment or digital marketing agency role.
- Experience in a similar role with a professional sports team preferred; with an understanding of Major League Soccer and international soccer is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience deploying campaigns utilizing sales and marketing platforms including Salesforce Sales and Marketing Clouds, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Ad Studio, and Google Ads.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Tableau, native Facebook/Twitter insights, and other data measurement and visualization platforms.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Strong understanding of marketing trends in digital, social, and mobile.
- Effective and efficient communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently or with a group, and make reasonable decisions in a fast pace environment with frequent changes.
- Must be able to work flexible and extended hours as needed, including nights, weekends and holidays as well as matches and events as necessary.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
If yes, what is your WOTC questionnaire code?