Assistant Athletic Trainer with Los Angeles Football Club in Los Angeles · CA
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Assistant Athletic Trainer assists the Head Athletic Trainer in managing the day-to-day sports medicine operations for the Club. This role provides injury prevention strategies, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation for players medical issues under the supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer and Club Chief Medical Officer.
- Assist in managing the healthcare of players including but not limited to first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, development of rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals.
- Maintain a complete and up to date roster of player health and participation records in the league provided electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Order and maintain inventory, supplies, and clinical equipment.
- Keep athletic training room and clinic area safe, clean, and organized.
- Assist Club medical staff with player’s health and safety.
- Company with all MLS medical policies and procedures.
- Comply with OSHA standards with regards to blood borne pathogens.
- Attend all activities, meetings, and programs as required by MLS.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Degree from an accredited four-year College or University required. Master’s degree in a health-related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years in athletic training required, soccer or MLS experience preferred but not required.
- NATABOC (or CATA) Certified Athletic Trainer in good standing.
- CPR certified for Health Care Provider.
- Maintain personal professional liability insurance.
- Preferred certification: CSCS, PES, LMT, and/or NREMT.
- Ability to network and create relationships across all levels internally within the organization and externally.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Must be able to work successfully in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks at once.
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work weekends and evenings as required.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
How did you hear about this job?
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
What is your WOTC questionnaire code?