Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Accounts Payable Clerk with Los Angeles Football Club in Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
Accounting and Finance: Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is the newest MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles with its 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for maintaining vendor lists, documenting requisite information for new vendors, processing invoices on a timely basis, weekly check runs and sort and file electronic audit trail documents.
- Ensures timely processing, as well as facilitates reviews of vendor invoices and contractual disbursements accurately and in accordance with general ledger coding requirements.
- Prepares clear and concise information for SVP, Controller and CFO’s review as part of the disbursement process.
- Communicates and coordinates review and approval of vendor invoices and other disbursements requests.
- Ensures vendor master records within the accounting system is well organized.
- Ensures that organization requests for new supplier set-up or changes in supplier-related information is centralized and processed timely.
- Ensures process for filing vendor invoices and other supporting documentation is well organized for future reviews and audit processes.
- Ensures that use tax and other applicable State & Local tax returns are compiled and reported under the direction of the Accounting Manager.
- Ensures that 1099s are issued in accordance with applicable IRS guidance.
- Performs various monthly close processes including accounts payable cut-off; balance sheet roll-forward schedules over prepaid expense, accrued liabilities and other related accounts as directed by the Accounting Manager.
- Participates in reporting deliverables in accordance with GAAP and various internal reports: actual vs budget analysis, cash flow forecasting, etc.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University in Finance, Accounting, or related field required.
- 3-5 years of related experience in Accounts Payable required, within a professional sports and entertainment organization is preferred.
- Ability to communicated effectively and efficiently – both verbal and written.
- Must be able to work productively and multi-task in a fast pace environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service both within the organization and externally with key vendors.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook).
Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
How did you hear about this job?
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
What is your WOTC questionnaire code?